Okay, wow. I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve blogged. I thought about starting this post off with, “Hi, I’m Anna!” But if you’ve made it to this webpage, you’ve probably figured that out by now.
So, yeah. I’m Anna. And a lot has gone on since the last time I posted. Here are some highlights of what I’ve been up to:
– Remember how in my last post I talked about an ice storm that hit my corner of the country? Turns out, that thing was pretty intense. We’re talking state-of-emergency, call-in-disaster-relief-teams, close-schools-for-several-days intense. Here we are more than a month later, and there are still piles of tree limbs and other debris waiting for curbside pickup. Some people in my area were without power for more than a week, and when I drove around town in the weeks following the storm, some places looked like a hurricane had whipped through.
The scary thing about ice storms is that you know the damage is coming, but there’s nothing you can do to stop it. You just have to wait for the ice to settle and the limbs to start cracking. But thankfully, life still goes on, and we’re all more than satisfied with the amount of winter we received this year. I mean, snow and ice in the Southeast? Amazing.
– Speaking of nature, I’ve seen the most incredible sunrises out my bedroom window recently. Check this out:
God’s glory shines all around us, no doubt.
– I’ve poured most of my time into school recently, and I’ve been finishing up novel edits whenever I have a spare minute. I’m on the final round of editing though, and I plan to have it completely finished by the end of this week! But I’ll talk more about that later.
– In March, I had the opportunity to lead two separate DNOW groups. If you’ve never participated in Disciple Now Weekend, it’s basically a hometown youth retreat. There are worship rallies, games, and small group Bible study sessions. I was blessed to lead a high school girls’ group for a local church one weekend, then another one for my own church the following weekend. It was exhausting, but so worth it!
Due to preparation for the small group sessions and a few other things, I’ve probably spent more time in prayer and in God’s Word over the past month than any other time in my life. And I love it. I absolutely love it. I look forward to those quiet, sacred moments in the mornings when my eyes flit between the pages of my Bible and the sun rising over the line of trees outside. It’s peaceful, it’s life-giving, and it’s what I was made to do; to be still and know that He is God and that He will be exalted in the earth (Psalm 46:10).
– My blog turned three! That’s right, I had my third blogiversary at the end of February. Three years! The day came and went without fanfare, but I’m very thankful for the past three years of having the opportunity to share pieces of my heart (and my admittedly random life) with you all. And of course, I’m so thankful for each of you. Reading my blog is a choice, and I’m humbled that you set aside some of your valuable time to hang out with me. Thank you!
So I’ll leave you with that for now. I’ve missed blogging, honestly. It’s an important part of me, and when it’s missing, it’s weird. So hopefully I’ll be back more often!