On July 25, 2015, All of This was released to the world. I had some things I needed to get organized before I announced the release, but it popped up on all of the retail sites on the 25th (surprise!). Then, on July 31, my littlest sister and I made a video announcing the release.
Leading up to the debut, I posted quotes and story snippets…but I first mentioned the story back on June 13, 2013. Three years ago.
It’s been a journey, friends. Three years ago, I had no idea what I was doing. And today? I’ve learned so much about writing and publishing and marketing, but I still have pretty much no idea what I’m doing. It’s an adventure that is challenging, wonderful, and wonderfully challenging. There have been days when I just wanted to quit, and days where I couldn’t imagine myself doing anything other than writing stories my whole life.
Every time I sign a copy of All of This, I include Romans 8:28, which says:
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him and have been called according to his purpose.” (NIV, emphasis added)
Purpose. That’s the theme of all of this…and the theme of All of This.
Nothing is wasted. A thread of grace runs through our lives. God ties all of our loose ends together. He weaves the beautiful and the sorrowful, the easy and the difficult, into something that shows the world who He is. He is the author of life and breath and faith and love. I write to tell His story – the true story of a God who loves us so much He died to reunite us with Himself.
So here’s a quick look back at the journey All of This has taken…from the blog post in which I first told you all I was writing a novel, to now as I glance over at my bookshelf and see a copy of All of This – tangible proof that God’s dreams for our lives are worth it all.
Click on the links below to follow the journey!
- The time I told everyone I was writing a book (June 11, 2013)
- When I finished writing the first draft (August 22, 2013)
- My first Q&A about my writing (July 31, 2014)
- My story won a contest and I told the world its title: All of This (January 20, 2015)
- When I finished editing All of This and shared the first quote (June 15, 2015)
- Quote: “More to Reach For” (June 22, 2015)
- Quote: “Why Would I”(June 29, 2015)
- I see the cover of the book for the first time and share a quote (July 6, 2015)
- I work on approving the layout of the book and share a quote (July 13, 2015)
- More publishing updates and a quote (July 20, 2015)
- Q&A video where I share the summary of the book for the first time (July 24, 2015)
- The Cover Reveal! (July 27, 2015)
- Video announcing the book’s release! (July 31, 2015)
- People start receiving their copies in the mail and I share a quote (August 3, 2015)
- Book playlist and a quote (August 10, 2015)
- Business cards come in (so official!) and I share a quote (August 17, 2015)
- Quote: “Sadie” (August 24, 2015)
- Recap video of my first mini book tour (October 19, 2015)
- Book signing at Barnes & Noble! (June 10, 2016)
Happy 1st birthday, All of This. And thank you to you, dear readers, for following my life story and my Sadie’s journey. Let’s all stay tuned for whatever comes next :)
For His glory,
New to All of This and want to learn more about the story, as well as how to get a copy? Click here!
2 thoughts on “Happy 1st Birthday All of This!”
Happy book birthday! :)
Thank you! :)